09/06/15 Tomato and Almond Pesto
• 1 punnet ripe cherry tomatoes (about 250-300g)
• 12 large fresh basil leaves
• 100g whole toasted almonds
• 1 garlic clove
• 125ml Leafyridge extra virgin olive oil
• 75ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
I found a blender worked well for this but a food processor is also ok.
Drop the tomatoes whole into the blender. Add garlic clove, almonds, basil leaves, the parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt. Put the lid on the blender!
Blend for about a minute to create a fine puree. With machine still running on low speed, add the olive oil to create the pesto.
Savour the delicious aroma!
Spread the pesto on crostini or stir into spaghetti as a meal.